To mark this special year, Parks Canada is offering free admission to all Parks Canada locations from coast to coast to coast.
With the 2017 Discovery Pass, you will have unlimited opportunities to enjoy national parks, national marine conservation areas and national historic sites across the country!
What is free with the 2017 Discovery Pass?
- Admission - Admission to all national parks, national historic sites, and national marine conservation areas operated by Parks Canada.
This Pass only applies to places managed by Parks Canada. It does not apply to provincial parks, municipal and private parks, or to the many historic sites not managed by Parks Canada.
Please refer to the full list of Parks Canada places.
- Lockage for boaters - Lockage at Parks Canada's historic canals and waterways.
What is not free with the 2017 Discovery Pass*?
Regular fees still apply for services such as:
- Camping, backcountry and other accommodations;
- Canadian Rockies Hot Springs;
- Reservation fees;
- Guided tours and hikes and programs not usually included with admission;
- Some special event fees;
- Backcountry overnight use.
* This is not a complete list. Please verify with the location you will be visiting for more details.